Cookie Notice

As far as I know, and as far as I remember, nothing in this page does anything with Cookies.

2011/01/28

Netflix As SpeedTest


This is cool. 

When you think about it, watching a movie from Netflix or something is a great way to test a network. This is a graph of different big ISPs and their throughput.
In the metric below, we’re filtering for titles that have HD streams available, and for devices capable of playing HD streams (which also filters out mobile networks), to highlight what’s achievable in terms of HD performance on the various ISP networks.
What I find interesting is the high numbers for Comcast. Their light-blue line is consistently #2 on this graph here. I have said that nobody loves Comcast, they either hate Comcast or resign themselves to having to have them, but the data clearly puts them as having a good network.

(Thanks, LifeHacker)


2 comments:

  1. Very interesting indeed. But how this post is getting to 'planet perl iron man'. I don't see any perl related content here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the Iron Man code looked for "Perl" or "Iron Man" before it put it out.

    No, wait. I get it.

    My post template has an empty code display thing with Perl as the default. I'll fix it.

    ReplyDelete